WELCOME to the 3 time "AWARD" winning Book, "THE OIL MAN"!
If you wish to obtain an autographed copy of "THE OIL MAN", send $25.00 to;
THE OIL MAN
55008 Highway 60
Bogalusa, Louisiana 70427
and a copy will be sent back to you directly.
It was displayed today that THE OIL MAN won Honorable Mention, actually the third book on the list for Science Fiction at the Pacific Rim Book Festival!
2016 Pacific Rim Book Festival Awards Presentations
THE OIL MAN Wins again!!
THE OIL MAN won for a Second time in the Pacific Rim Book Festival. THE OIL MAN got honorable Mention in the Wild Card category this Year. 2016.
2016 Pacific Rim Book Festival Awards Presentations
1. William E. Sharp, Jr.* for RANDOM VIEWS OF ASIA FROM THE MID-PACIFIC (Savant 2011) - General Non-Fiction - "RANDOM VIEWS OF ASIA FROM THE MID-PACIFIC is a collection of essays written for the general reader who wishes to know more about contemporary Asian affairs. The focus is largely on geo-strategic issues in Northeast Asia, although attention is given to Central Asia, Tibet, Vietnam, and India."
2. Francis H. Powell for FLIGHT OF DESTINY (Savant 2015) - Compilations/
3. Tima Z. Newman for ELAINE OF CORBENIC (Savant 2015) - History - "Based on Malory's "Le Morte D'Arthur," ELAINE OF CORBENIC is the story of Launcelot and the Fisher King's daughter, who bears him the son who will one day find the Grail. Offering the poetry of medieval legend, it speaks also to contemporary themes of love, betrayal, abandonment, and the quest for meaning."
4. A. G. Hayes for THE CHEMICAL FACTOR (Savant 2015) - Regional Literature Category Winner - "A stolen weapon of mass destruction hidden years ago on board the Queen Mary, has remained there unknown and undisturbed. That is, up to now. Agents Falk and Koski are called in to evacuate the ship and somehow locate the bomb. Running out of time, they risk their lives to locate the weapon, not knowing that a Girl Scout strayed from her group during evacuation and is hiding in the ship's Trafalgar Square gift shop."
5. Helen R. Davis, editor of RUNNING FROM THE PACK - 2015/16 Savant Poetry Anthology (Savant, scheduled for release on 1 April 2016) - Poetry Category Runner-Up - "Thirty-five selected poems by fifteen outstanding poets including Dylan DiMarchi, Teuta S. Rizaj, Uhene*, Marianne Smith, Danny Smith, Manal Hamad, Thomas Koron, J. Okajima*, A. G. Hayes, Kelsea Kennedy, C. P. Little. Helen R. Davis, Doc Krinberg*, Kaethe Kauffman* and Daniel S. Janik*"
6. Jim Currie for IN DIRE STRAITS (Savant 2011) - Spiritual - "In Dire Straits is a healing memoir about the challenges of coping with and recovering from an incapacitating rheumatoid disease. Told from the perspective of a solo world traveler, it reads like a travel book, full of edifying adventures and quirky discoveries. Each encounter prompts reflection on self-empowerment through greater mindfulness, curiosity and imagination."
7. Ronald Klueh for PERILOUS PANACEA (Savant 2010) - Science Fiction - "Despite repeated assurances by the United States government that security surrounding weapons grade plutonium is invulnerable, that Department of Energy security is nonetheless breached by a computer wizard. Bankrolled by Iranians, some of the plutonium is actually stolen, enough to manufacture at least one atomic bomb. Now a blackmailed Iranian expatriate and two kidnapped American scientists are all that stand between the world and nuclear catastrophe."
8. Cate Burns* for LIBIDO TSUNAMI (Savant, scheduled for release in 2016) - Unpublished Manuscript - "LIBIDO TSUNAMI salutes the droll in life in a collection of thirty-five humorous short stories."
Category Honorable Mentions
9. Leon Puissegur for THE OIL MAN (Savant 2011) - Wild Card - "Avid conspiracy theorist John Marx, supervisor on an oil derrick in the Gulf of Mexico, comes into possession of an email and box that changes first his, then the world's point of view about oil. It all comes down to not who controls the world's petroleum supply, but who people, corporations and governments think control it. Tempers explode, guns flare, people die, all due to an email and a shard of crystal."
10. George Hudson for PURPLE HAZE (Savant 2013) - General Fiction - "A skull discovered in a lake leads FBI investigators Bryan Langston and Joe Mallory on a dangerous search for answers to a thirty-year-
11. Marina Yamamoto* for BALLERINA BIRDIES (Savant 2015) - Children's Books Honorable Mention - "Ballerina Birdies is a lively presentation of young birds dancing ballet. Training begins as soon as they leave the nest. Parrot feels better when he dances, Little Quail prefers water ballet, and the ducklings thoroughly enjoy the performance!
Savant Books and Publications Honors Its 2015 Pacific Rim Book Festival Awardees
May 15, 2015 - HONOLULU -- Hawaii-based international
publisher, Savant Books and Publications, is pleased to honor seven in-house
authors and fourteen poets who recently received 2015 Pacific Rim Book Festival
awards. This annual international book festival honors the best in unpublished,
published/printed and published eBooks from around the Pacific Rim in in the
following genres: non-fiction;
The awards presentations opened with a blessing by Mr. Leon Siu, followed by several Waikiki songs sung by internationally-
Hans Brinckmann IN THE EYES OF THE SON (biography/autobiography/
Helen R. Davis CLEOPATRA UNCONQUERED (unpublished manuscript)
A. G. Hayes THE JUDAS LIST (general fiction)
Don "Four Arrows" Jacobs LAST SONG OF THE WHALES (young adult)
R. Page Kaufman TROPIC OF CALIFORNIA (regional literature)
Suzanne Langford (ed) VOLUTIONS - 2014 SAVANT POETRY ANTHOLOGY (poetry)
Leon Puissegur THE OIL MAN (science fiction)
Richard Rose THE LAZARUS CONSPIRACIES (wild card)
Photo of acceptance for THE OIL MAN is in the link below. It is photo number 11.
When you buy a copy, feel free to leave a comment, like the pages and links associated with this "AWARD" winning book and if you like, leave a review!
Thank you for visiting this site, it is deeply appreciated.
Leon Puissegur - "Award" winning Author of "THE OIL MAN"
Please read the reviews and enjoy what they reveal about this "AWARD" winning book!!
The very latest book review is below and will be added to the others.
If any of the links do not work here, just copy them, place them in your browser, than check them out!!!
We've posted your "Take 5" feature to our site, and you can view it here:
Genevieve Wilson, Managing Editor
"The Attention You Deserve"
Baracudas are stealthy hunters darting only when prey is unsuspecting and ill equipped for the attack. John Marx was too aware, too well prepared by his experiences to be an unsuspecting victim. The baracudas were resourceful and powerful, however, and John had to use every resource to protect him and his family.
The Oil Man is a truly enjoyable account of an oil worker who stumbles upon a conspiracy leading to suspense and murder. Rig life is described as one character after another becomes embroiled in the web of corruption and death. The author explains complex technical aspects of oil exploration in a manner understandable to laymen while skillfuly guiding the reader through a maze of plots and action to an amazing conclusion.
In every good work of fiction there must be an aspect of believability. Leon Puisegur outlines a fictional account of an industry most find mysterious and ruthless. His depiction goes much further in offering characters so thirsty for power they will stop at nothing to get it. His characters embolden the reader to love or hate each as they are exposed.
The Oil Man is a page turner - fraught with action and enlightenment. Anticipation of the next conflict draws the reader to quickly digest what's offered and search for more. Anyone who loves a good murder mystery will certainly enjoy The Oil Man.
Small Business Consultant
Reviews are below and these are from people whom have read the book and found the time to express how they felt about "THE OIL MAN".
… … … … …
The review below was sent last night on January 31, 2013 and it has been placed here today Friday February 1, 2013
The Oil Man represents an eminently readable action/adventure thriller, fluidly flowing from the accidental discovery of an unknown object and an unsolicited receipt of an encrypted e-mail from a friend, through the Louisiana oil culture on an offshore drilling rig, through back-bay Bayous, to an explosive climax in a high-rise New York boardroom.
Propelled by a potentially momentous discovery that may change the face of the world’s energy acquisition and production, we follow John Marx and his close friends through dangerous and unwelcome encounters with malevolent corporate archetypes.
Along the way, the reader is exposed to a number of intriguing, but not overly technical theories, about oil drilling, the origins of oil on Earth and the computational complexity of storing large amounts of drilling data in mysterious crystals.
The main character, John Marx faces substantial life-threatening risk as the action flows from the opening pages to the final chapter that drives the reader's curiosity towards an explosive conclusion. With dead bodies stacking up like cordwood, we fear for John's safety as each turn results in decisions that will affect the lives of himself, his family and co-workers.
Even though, the action/adventure draws heavily on the author's personal knowledge and experiences, I found it somewhat disconcerting to find the author's unusual Louisiana French name, Puissegur (pronounced poy-see-gur), inserted in the action. But that is just a personal prejudice left over from Clive Cussler's various adventures.
I recommend this book with no hesitation, confident it will provide an enjoyable read. One can easily envision The Oil Man being made into a high-grossing feature film.
Stephen Richard Levine
CEO, AMINEXT PRODUCTIONS.
"THE OIL MAN" WINS an Award!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check the link below at Twitter@Alvinpui
"THE OIL MAN" Wins an Award at the Great Southeast Book Festival!!
"THE OIL MAN" is now an Award Winning Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The REAL Oil Man! My new book as shown above is ready to buy! CHECK OUT THE MOST RECENT REVIEW BELOW!!
I had a new interview and that can be found on 2012writersalive. This was about a 20 minute interview should you wish to check it out!
THE OIL MAN, book review
"Even though this story is of a field in which I have very little knowledge, I was able to easily follow the technical descriptions of the oil industry, equipment, and weapons without getting lost in confusion. The author did a very good job of providing background information and character development without getting bogged down into too much detail that I would normally skim over. With a slow and eventful build-up to the climax, the story held my attention. I found myself getting upset with some characters and empathetic to others, and when that happens to me, I know I'm truly involved in what I'm reading. The last few chapters had so much activity that I found myself reading and turning the pages quickly to find out what would happen next. I can see this story becoming a successful movie and especially at this time of political and environmental unrest."
I have excerpts of THE OIL MAN below for you to look at and decide if you like what is shown!
Below is an excerpt from Chapter 5 of "The Oil Man", my new book now in layout with Savantbooks.com.
John slipped back to his room without saying or hearing a word. Given the shocking death of his friend, George Franks, John now felt certain the email he had was the one McClaussen was looking for. His conversation with the BPI executive left him feeling sad, angry and more intrigued than ever about what the numbers meant, and whether they were, as he now suspected, somehow linked to the crystal. If the two were related, then the numbers would likely have something to do with using the crystal. At least, that was his most recent thought. Whether he reported the two or not, he was in danger of being caught with them in his possession, and, if there was a connection between the email and two, he was likely in mortal danger. As he rounded the last rail before entering his room, he ran into his friend, Josh Platur.
"Where you off to so fast?" Josh asked, blocking John's way and waiting for an answer.
John took a moment to catch his breath. "You remember the e-mail I told you about? The one I couldn't figure out?"
"Your latest piece of evidence of another secret global conspiracy? Yes. And why are you looking so white? Is a ghost walking the corridors?"
"In a way, yes," John replied. "Shaun McClaussen, the BPI executive—the hulk who got off the helicopter last— is here and he knows about the e-mail Parks sent me—the one I told you about. The one I thought might be related to the crystal fragment I found. McClaussen just called me out. He knows George sent the email to someone here. He doesn't yet know who, or if it was opened. But I know, and now so do you. I also know that George is dead. Do us both a huge favor; don't let anyone know that I was the one who received it, and especially don't mention anything about the broken crystal, at least, for now." John unlocked the clothes locker and removed the computer and black box. "I need to be the one who tells McClaussen that I was the one who received the email, before someone else dies. Still, I don't trust him…so I want you to hold onto the thumb drive."
Flaberghasted by the nonstop revelations, Josh huddled closer. "He may search your room. I would, if I were him," he volunteered.
"That's why I'm giving you the flash drive. I can keep McClaussen busy between the survey, my continued interrogation, and his checking my room till tomorrow morning when our shifts here end. Once we're back at home, we can meet at my house and you can give it back to me. You have a problem with that?"
"No, John. In fact, it should work. It's common knowledge that I don’t do computers. I don't even have one here, so neither McClaussen or anyone else would have any reason to suspect me. Suddenly I'm as curious about that email as you, now that I know the big guys are looking for it."
John slapped Josh on his shoulder in thanks. "If anyone asks where I am, tell them you saw me heading to my room," John opened the black box and handed Josh the memory stick. "Make sure it's well hidden. Once I tell McClaussen that I was the one who received the email, after having noted my span filter having erased it, their attention should remain on me. That should make it possible for you to move about without problem. I just hope everything..." John turned on his computer, wiping from it all traces of the email. Everything looked good; if McClaussen asked again, he could say that he hadn't realized the email had been received and automatically deleted, and was the one McClaussen was searching for. If his laptop were examined, it would confirm everything he said.
I have decided to add another excerpt Below from Chapter one/
THE OIL MAN by Leon Puissegur – Excerpt #1 (Family Rated)
…The program changed beep tones to alert John Marx that of the twenty-two new e-mails he'd received, one was flagged urgent. Scrolling down the list, he stopped at the flagged one with “FYEO - aoil” in the subject line. "FYEO," standing for "For Your Eyes Only," was an inside joke that he and his longtime buddy, George Franks, who currently worked as a communications specialist back on land at Rustic Central, shared. John and George, after a prolonged drinking binge that began with an exchange of company gossip, imagined someday using what they learned to spin off a company of their own, and had, like junior James Bonds concocted a set of encryption codes known only to them It was child's play, which neither was above enjoying. The "aoil" obviously meant "oil" which George had in haste misspelled. What was weird, however, was that, the email itself was blank…"
Before it was over, professional oil rig supervisor and part-time amateur conspiracy theorist John Marx would face personal and family threats, duck-and-cover gun fights, and the death of his long-time friend. And that would be only the beginning.
Written by Leon Puissegur, THE OIL MAN is a riveting action and adventure novel revolving around the oil industry and its veiled relationships to a rapidly growing myriad of global energy, computer and public information corporations springing greedily up around it. A global conspiracy? There would be only one way for John Marx to find out, and that was to jump right in.
THE OIL MAN by Leon Puissegur
286 pp – 6" x 9" Softcover – ISBN 978-0-9832861-5-8
Suggest Retail Price $16.95 – Nov 2011 Release
Published by Savant Books and Publications, Honolulu, HI, USA
THE OIL MAN is available on Amazon.com and at fine bookstores everywhere. The address below will take you directly to the New Book; THE OIL MAN, Published by Savant Books and Publications
I did have 3 other books published, but they are no longer in print. Those books were, "Forward The Colors"; Facts about the War Between the States that were never shown before, I am working on a total re-write of this book and reprinting it under another publisher or maybe even as an e-book. The other book; "Approach To Reality" is a compilation of 14 short stories of which I am also redoing due to some flaws the publisher did not correct as I requested.
Also check out my first book;
"Forward The Colors" ,
a book of facts about the Confederate States that are seldom if ever told or displayed.
"Forward The Colors"
"THE OIL MAN" wins an Award at the Great Southeastern Book Festival!!!
"THE OIL MAN" is now an Award Winning Book!!!!!!
My new book: THE OIL MAN, is as one person stated, "Reads like a kite in a Hurricane!"
The New web site below is where you can NOW purchase this new and exciting book; THE OIL MAN
If you wish for more information you may contact me at; firstname.lastname@example.org
I now have two reviews on site, both have been very good and show just how good this book is! Read both reviews on the review page! As more reviews come in, I will place them here, good or bad!
It is now available at:
My new book, THE OIL MAN is now available at the above site. Be the first to obtain a copy and make it a book for a Christmas, Birthday or other occasions!
My First book - Forward The Colors - can be found below;
Forward The Colors is a book of facts that are seldom if ever told about the War Between The States.
A teacher whom cannot give his name for fear of being prosecuted for saying, "This book should be mandatory reading in all schools!"
I appreciate his mention, he bought 12 books and uses them to teach his history class!
See the Cover on the picture page.
If anyone wishes to contact me you may do so at - email@example.com.